Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Babymoon #2

During my last pregnancy, Pooneet and I and some of our closest friends went on a babymoon getaway to the island of Nevis in the British West Indies. For this babymoon, I couldn't stand to be too far from Ananya, so Pooneet and I decided to do a weekend getaway to Napa.

Our goals were to sleep a lot, eat fabulously, and visit some wineries. We totally accomplished all of these goals - only ate at Michelin-starred restaurants, I got a ton of blissful sleep (it's amazing how sleeping without a baby monitor feels so good!), and we were able to visit multiple wineries (Pooneet loved wine-tasting, I got to drink water...fun). We also took a tour of a castle, witnessed a proposal (she said yes), and saw Thomas Keller! Even the smallest member of our family had a super-fun weekend! Ananya stayed in Cupertino with my parents and had a blast visiting her cousins, playing with Kittu Thatha who was in town, and turning the house upside down!

Fantastic, super-relaxing weekend away...it'll be a looooong time before we can do that again, so it was definitely needed and appreciated!

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment